You have to learn to protect what God has ordained in your life. Not everyone is sent by God and not everyone is supposed to be in your life long term.
I am learning how to set boundaries in my life and writing down what is important to me.
1. I need to honor myself first and foremost. Am I honoring my time, my energy, my being? Am I wasting time on those who simply give me attention, but suck me of my energy? What is the opportunity cost of being friends with this person?
2. Do the friends around me have my best interest in mind? Do they understand my destiny, calling and purpose in life and are they supportive of it? And am I supportive of their dreams? Is the friendship ordained by God?
3. Friends and someone you minister to is different. A friend is on your level. Someone you minister to is someone you help but may not necessarily receive the same level of help.
4. Friendship is a two way street.
One party needs to be open and so does another. It’s an exchange of energy, time, love. If one party has no interest in having an open heart, it’s hard for the other to continue.
5. Vulnerability is most important. It’s important to speak your mind and be honest.
Why do we feed people who don’t feed us back and neglect those who can actually love us.
Many people chase after people who treat them like crap, because they like the attention.
If there is a part of our soul that still desires unhealthy fruit, we will chase after that which is not healthy for us. So God heals the part of us that are broken.
6. Understand and give grace, but remember where you stand.
Some people are for a lifetime but some are for moments. Ask God to show you if that friend is temporary. And some come and go depending on the season, and it’s ok to let go.
7. Recognize codependency– codependency is when there is no boundaries and I often found myself in codependent relationships and God had to show me, it’s okay to pull back and not over give of yourself when that person isn’t reciprocating.
You cannot force someone to give of themselves when it’s not out of desire.
I realize that recently I was becoming codependent with a friend and it was hurting me because I was getting involved unnecessarily in her life and friendships. And it was not my job to help her or fix her friends.
Give a donation-
1. You can give financially-
Cash app- gugibabu
Thank you so much for your support! Any amount helps and is a seed to bring people to freedom!