That’s what my friend said, to comfort me in my momentary despair.
I said “why do I have to meet guys who aren’t going to be my husband and then experience the heart break and pain? While I see people who just meet that one right person and seem to live happily ever after, or sure, with some issues in marriage”.
“There’s still some work to be done, deeper wounds that need to be healed” says another friend.
I’m 31. I don’t know how many more need to be healed but seems like an unending drama.
Like one of those dramas that are dragged on so that time can pass for no good reason but they have nothing to show on tv.
How come other people seem to have no issues….or maybe it’s just because they choose to settle for someone who has issues that they also have…and both refuse to heal or grow from it. Instead these couples live in their codependent miseries.
That really makes me feel better.
I am just choosing not to settle.
I could have settled with my ex, who was emotionally absent and had a wall that couldn’t be knocked down.
I could have settled for an alcoholic.
I could have settled for a selfish man.
So sure I see many who married and seem to have beautiful lives but who knows what’s behind the curtain? Most people don’t share their problems with the world. It’s better to smile for the camera and post a picture perfect marriage.
Well, my healing journey has not been easy. Having been single for 5 years the last year God gave me a dream where he showed me pictures of men like on tinder and said “get ready”.
Sure enough, the matches came.
But none were really it.
Something was always missing.
The main ingredient- an unfaltering and unwavering commitment to follow Jesus at any cost.
Sure I met good Christian men too, but they were half committed to Jesus. I would prophesy something over them and many of them are still where they are last year. I’m not saying they’re bad, I’m just saying I need to have the same level of faith with my hubby.
I can’t be dragged down trying to convince someone.
I met non Christian men too. But it was obvious their sole agenda was lust or longed for someone to fill the void that only Jesus could fill.
I healed from my issues and am still discovering if there are any more.
1. I had major trust issues because my dad cheated on my mom- God brought me people that were trustworthy and I realize men can be trusted, just need to be the right person.
2. My dad did not provide growing up and I realize that I want a man that loves to provide.
3. I cannot be with an alcoholic. I need someone who is completely filled with Jesus and His spirit.
4. Emotional vulnerability is key to the man I am supposed to be with. This man doesn’t just talk about work or how his day was but he talks about how he feels.
5. Honesty – I realize is everything and will break the thickest emotional wall.
Give a love offering or donate to support me in healing people on this earth-thank you!
Cash app- gugibabu
Become a monthly partner-
Subscribe – http://www.rebekkalien.com