This week I placed my one of a kind designs at The Machine Gallery in Pomona- it’s a milestone for me.
Today is a HOT HOT DAY! Probably one of the best days I’ve had, everyday just seems to get better ever since I have become grateful, thankful, appreciative at everything.
If you listen to the THE SECRET, Rhonda Byrne talks about letting “THANK YOU” be the first thoughts and words of your day. First thing in the morning, when your mind is awake, think the word “thank you for this new day”.
When I start to think negative thoughts or start to feel tired, I think the opposite. I think, “WOW I’m so energized, I have all the energy in the world”. This has helped me to continue packing as I’m about to move into another city soon! Though I haven’t found a place yet and I’m moving in less than 2 weeks, I know the PERFECT place is already waiting for me.
SO WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO PURSUE YOUR DREAMS?
After a few meetings today, I thought about how I have come so far from 1 year ago. I never thought I could live the type of lifestyle I live today. I create my own schedule, sometimes I wake up whenever I want, I hang out with friends when the sun is out, I work hard, but where I want and when I want. Though I haven’t seen all the FRUITS of my labor, I know that today where I am- I’m starting to reap the harvest that is coming.
1. You need lots of perserverance to pursue your dreams- I can’t tell you HOW MANY times I thought about giving up. I compared myself to other people and was envious that others could do what I could not because of financial limitations. However, I did not give up.
2. You need to BELIEVE in yourself and your VISION– When your vision starts to blur and when people start putting you down for pursuing your dreams, you GOT to have determination. If what you wanted to do was not really a passion, you’ll know once the fire is turned up. You must be super positive, you must laugh easily, take life lightly, and believe in yourself and the vision!
At first I was comparing myself to others, but I realize, they got their path to walk and I got mine. There is no reason for comparison or competition, competition comes from a spirit of lack. If you know who you are, you don’t need to compare.
3. You need a STRONG support of friends who believe in you and your dreams- I had friends that counted coins with me when I was paying bills, friends who gave me advice, friends who helped promote my jewelry, friends who helped me at fairs for free, friends who listened to me when I needed to vent. Friends are your STRONGEST support. Or if you have a partner, that is great too!
4. You need BALLS to pursue your dreams- yes, ladies, we don’t have balls, but we got invisible inner strength balls. Stronger, mightier sometimes. You need lots of balls, courage, to PROMOTE yourself, promote your work, talk about it, believe in it. You need balls when the idea seems crazy, when it’s never been done.
5. You need to be IN TUNE with yourself to pursue your dreams- you must follow your heart, intuition. When you’re tired, rest. When you feel like something isn’t right, you stop, you rest, you think and you wait. Don’t rush, don’t work out of adrenaline, work out of rest always. Out of the 1 year of self-employment, I had 2 months of traveling in Australia and South America, I had probably 4-5 months of waiting (freelancing here and there), but mostly waiting and resting. It was NOT easy, not that relaxing at times, because I was anxious. Yet, I needed to learn the lessons of waiting.
I know that is contrary to what people teach, but waiting is an active verb of preparing your mind and soul, finding identity, and healing from a impoverished striving mentality. I am currently writing a book about my 1 year, I hope that my learnings will help to serve you in the pursuit of your dreams!