How many times have you lost hope, lost passion, lost direction in life?
I can say I’ve lost passion and hope numerous times….actually numerous times in one week.
My aunt passed away this week, I went into a time of mourning, but also frustration. My life seems to be so hopeless and with each day that goes by, I am constantly worrying about my bills. Even though I had reached an epiphany of peace, I realize that “sometimes the hardest things are difficult because they’re worth fighting for”. Thus, peace is hard to keep because it’s something you have to fight for.
Sales have been painfully slow too. Yet, I don’t want to revert to a pattern of endless scrambling…when will that day come, I ask myself?
On the phone with my close friend the other day, I complained “I just feel like my life is getting boring, so what that I have my own business, so what if I make sales, what’s the point. I don’t feel like I’m doing anything epic”.
She replied “Epic, well you can’t expect to do epic things everyday. Everything you do is building up towards what is epic, but everything is an important step to it“.
“Oh, you’re right”. Thus…epic things are boiling, but they have not come into fruition yet.
Even though I haven’t reached that so called “success” yet- I want to share some tips for you, those that are toiling away hopeless and feeling defeated in life.
1. Do have supportive friends that encourage you- do not hang out with negative friends.
2. Find inspiration– read a book or talk to inspirational people that have similar hardships or have ALREADY overcome
3. Leave your normal surroundings– I’m going to Norcal tomorrow, I think I really need to get away and be refreshed
4. Believe in yourself– recite mantra “anything is possible”, “I can do this”, “If Einstein did it I can too”, ”
5. Have times of reflection and meditations– I like to burn candles, light incense and play reggae. Endless striving will only lead to burn out, so reflect each day.
6. Eat, Play and Be Merry– Yes, eat good food and your soul will be nourished. Do what makes you feel alive & what makes you feel alive will lead you to where you need to go next.
As my friend said “luck is preparation meets opportunity”.