NOTE : Please bring your own Yoga / Workout mat. Join our #RealEstateHeaven staff, agents & brokers on our first “Health and Wellness” non-secular yoga class, where we will learn techniques on how to improve our focus, mental clarity and strength for better success. It will leave you invigorated and pleasantly relaxed with a heavenly smile on your face. Hope to see you there! Special Thanks to our Corporate Sponsor Starbucks located at 1000 Fair Oaks Ave Pasadena, CA 91030 who will be supplying herbal teas to the participants.
The event will begin at 6 PM sharp and will conclude at 7 PM on November 13th, 2013 at the Real Estate Heaven South Pasadena Office. 1517 S. Fair Oaks Ave. Suite B, South Pasadena.
Our Special Guest Instructor will cover the following topics :
1. Meditation- learning the pose of meditating, breathing correctly to focus on the breath and the core. Deep breaths centers the focus. 1-2 minutes. Clearing the mind from worry, etc.
2. Setting Intention- set intention for the class. What is it that you are intending for? Whether it is love, peace, hope, what do you envision for today, for tomorrow?
3. Tree Pose/Standing poses/Warrior Pose/Downward Dog/Twists/Other various poses with breathing and the intention of focus, relaxation, and energy!
4. Shavasana- perhaps the most important part of yoga practice. Lying on the back, the arms and legs are spread at about 45 degrees, the eyes are closed and the breath deep, using deergha (long) pranayama. The whole body is relaxed onto the floor with an awareness of the chest and abdomen rising and falling with each breath.
I am teaching this yoga class as part of Unlock Your Destiny Coaching. Get ready to have your life changed.
Any questions? Feel free to email me at email@example.com
How many times have you lost hope, lost passion, lost direction in life?
I can say I’ve lost passion and hope numerous times….actually numerous times in one week.
My aunt passed away this week, I went into a time of mourning, but also frustration. My life seems to be so hopeless and with each day that goes by, I am constantly worrying about my bills. Even though I had reached an epiphany of peace, I realize that “sometimes the hardest things are difficult because they’re worth fighting for”. Thus, peace is hard to keep because it’s something you have to fight for.
Sales have been painfully slow too. Yet, I don’t want to revert to a pattern of endless scrambling…when will that day come, I ask myself?
On the phone with my close friend the other day, I complained “I just feel like my life is getting boring, so what that I have my own business, so what if I make sales, what’s the point. I don’t feel like I’m doing anything epic”.
She replied “Epic, well you can’t expect to do epic things everyday. Everything you do is building up towards what is epic, but everything is an important step to it“.
“Oh, you’re right”. Thus…epic things are boiling, but they have not come into fruition yet.
Even though I haven’t reached that so called “success” yet- I want to share some tips for you, those that are toiling away hopeless and feeling defeated in life.
1. Do have supportive friends that encourage you- do not hang out with negative friends.
2. Find inspiration– read a book or talk to inspirational people that have similar hardships or have ALREADY overcome
3. Leave your normal surroundings– I’m going to Norcal tomorrow, I think I really need to get away and be refreshed
4. Believe in yourself– recite mantra “anything is possible”, “I can do this”, “If Einstein did it I can too”, ”
5. Have times of reflection and meditations– I like to burn candles, light incense and play reggae. Endless striving will only lead to burn out, so reflect each day.
6. Eat, Play and Be Merry– Yes, eat good food and your soul will be nourished. Do what makes you feel alive & what makes you feel alive will lead you to where you need to go next.
As my friend said “luck is preparation meets opportunity”.
Me in Germany
“when you are used to being the queen, it is hard to consider democracy replacing lone rule”- tracks
“For many outback people, the effect of almost total isolation coupled with that all-encompassing battle with the earth is so great that, when the prizes are won, they feel the need to build a psychological fortress around the knowledge and possessions they have broken their backs to obtain. That fiercely independent individualism was something akin to what I was feeling now- the stiffness, the inability to incorporate new people who hadn’t shared the same experience. I understood a facet of Alice Springs, and softened towards it, at that moment”- tracks
I tend to read books that happen to mirror my thoughts, my season of life. Robyn Davidson was a heroic woman who set out into the outbacks of Australia with camels by herself. I can’t tell you what happened in the desert yet because I’m only on page 75. However, the quotes above hit home for me. I live in this very environmental, hippie, vegan lifestyle, conserve everything neighborhood called Silverlake. I love meat and I don’t hug trees, but I have become used to living a communal lifestyle of sharing and living simply. Because I’ve started my own business and have to pay bills, I pretty much live month to month.
When I walk into grocery stores and shopping malls, I feel like a foreign alien. Some of my thoughts include “omg, why are people wasting money on nonsense?”, “I feel like an alien right now”, “so many people walking around”, “why do the same race congregate together”. I have slowly become some type of modern monk, but a woman. I haven’t bought groceries for 3 weeks and I borrow all my books.
Sometimes I feel myself relating to this: “That fiercely independent individualism was something akin to what I was feeling now- the stiffness, the inability to incorporate new people who hadn’t shared the same experience.”
But when I’m eating with friends that don’t live the same lifestyle, enjoying music, dancing to house music with them- I realize, we are all the same, just human with feelings and a spirit. You can choose to be prejudiced or you can choose to dance the music of life with people who are vastly different from you.
My 3-4 months of cleansing, building a new identity in being, and conversing with God has been taxing at times. Sometimes I find myself oversleeping, sometimes mad and impatient of waiting, sometimes bored, sometimes overwhelmed with my business, sometimes wishing my business was doing better, sometimes wishing I had no debt, sometimes worried and depressed from loneliness, yet…I know that nearing 24, this is a pivotal time in my life. This cleansing process is worth the journey. It is it’s own reward and hopefully (cross my fingers), next month I’ll be a better person, a more soul-filled, settled, rested, peaceful person who can love and BE better. I’ll be a better person for the world.