Secret Recipes from My Mom
Taiwanese Fried Rice Noodle (Vermicelli)
Materials: Vermicelli, dried tiny shrimps, soy sauce, hondashi seasoning, mushroom, cabbage, meat, onions, dried onions.
1. Soak the vermicelli in hot water
2. Soak the tiny shrimps in hot water. Soak the mushrooms in hot water to soften.
3. Cut the cabbage in two and wash. Cut into tiny tiny slices.
4. Slice onions into tiny slices.
5. Throw mushroom (which has already been cut into piece) and onions into pan.
6. Start frying and also throw dried onions (you can get this at Asian markets).
7. Now add a little oil.
8. Continue pan “frying”, add cabbage pieces and vermicelli (having soaked in hot water).
9. Use chopsticks to sift through the pan and even things out.
10. Sprinkle soy sauce and soy saucer (the thicker type). Add some hondashi and pepper.
11. Add water if needed as you cook. I think that’s it!