NOTE : Please bring your own Yoga / Workout mat. Join our #RealEstateHeaven staff, agents & brokers on our first “Health and Wellness” non-secular yoga class, where we will learn techniques on how to improve our focus, mental clarity and strength for better success. It will leave you invigorated and pleasantly relaxed with a heavenly smile on your face. Hope to see you there! Special Thanks to our Corporate Sponsor Starbucks located at 1000 Fair Oaks Ave Pasadena, CA 91030 who will be supplying herbal teas to the participants.
The event will begin at 6 PM sharp and will conclude at 7 PM on November 13th, 2013 at the Real Estate Heaven South Pasadena Office. 1517 S. Fair Oaks Ave. Suite B, South Pasadena.
Our Special Guest Instructor will cover the following topics :
1. Meditation- learning the pose of meditating, breathing correctly to focus on the breath and the core. Deep breaths centers the focus. 1-2 minutes. Clearing the mind from worry, etc.
2. Setting Intention- set intention for the class. What is it that you are intending for? Whether it is love, peace, hope, what do you envision for today, for tomorrow?
3. Tree Pose/Standing poses/Warrior Pose/Downward Dog/Twists/Other various poses with breathing and the intention of focus, relaxation, and energy!
4. Shavasana- perhaps the most important part of yoga practice. Lying on the back, the arms and legs are spread at about 45 degrees, the eyes are closed and the breath deep, using deergha (long) pranayama. The whole body is relaxed onto the floor with an awareness of the chest and abdomen rising and falling with each breath.
I am teaching this yoga class as part of Unlock Your Destiny Coaching. Get ready to have your life changed.
Any questions? Feel free to email me at email@example.com
I am sitting at Silverlake -Stories, just finished designing my awesome holiday shopping ad! Anyways, I wanted to finish it so fast that I got stressed out. I think it is because I am so hungry.
This week, I decided to book a vacation week for myself. This means I will not be teaching or doing anything work related start December 23-January 2. To help YOU who may also be bombarded with holiday stress- SHOP with Me online. Do it all now, write all your holiday cards, and take a hot bath once the rush comes.
Mention “Hippie Santa” @ Checkout and receive a FABULOUS FREE GIFT. I promise you will not be disappointed.
From your fun sister- Rebekka
Thanks to Jane Chen, who made this interview possible! Check out her Beauty/ Fair Trade Blog.
Rebekka Lien, a creative entrepreneur, writer, activist,artist and dear friend has had the privilege of sponsoring an Ecuadorian child through Compassion International for the past 3 years. Her current accessories shop donates a portion of the proceeds to support her child. Recently, an opportunity arose for her to be able to visit him!
I caught up with her recently to learn more about this exciting adventure!
1. How did you first hear about the organization that sponsors the child and what made you pick this org over others?
2. Tell us more about your child: (name ,age, hobbies, his dreams,info on family etc.)
3. What is life like for a typical Ecuadorian family? What are people’s occupation, education level, access to resources etc?
“Your sponsored child lives on the plains of Tena, home to approximately 33,000 residents. Typical houses are constructed of cement and have brick walls. The most commonly spoken language is Spanish. Most adults in Tena are unemployed but some work as day laborers, animal herders or on plantations and earn the equivalent of $150 per month. This community needs schools, employment opportunities and recreational facilities.
My sponsorship allows the staff of Caminitos de Luz Student Center to education, provide nutrition and hygiene education, special celebrations, academic support and sports activities. The center staff also provides health and nutrition education and parents’ school for the parents or guardians of your sponsored child.”
4. When you meet him, what message do you want to convey to him?
5. What have you learned from this experience? How has this changed your global perspective?
If you would like the opportunity to partner with Rebekka in funding her trip to see Marco, please visit: http://igg.me/p/78412
To learn more about Rebekka’s outreach adventures, visit her blog: http://rebekkalien.com
Yes, some people find these dolls a bit creepy- but I’m totally obsessed with them. I hope that my customers will be obsessed as well. I even bought black ones. You know, dolls shouldn’t be racist.
Anyways, this week has been so filled with entrepreneurial endeavors. I’ve probably worked 80 hours without even knowing it. I think about my work right when I wake up and when I go to sleep. It’s not really work to me actually, it’s fun- it’s ideas and creativity. I was making some necklaces with cool baby bottles and suddenly yelled “I love what I do!” Though I can’t really see right now, because I can’t find my glasses (must be hidden under clothes or my jewelry) and my room looks like a tornado swept through….it’s been a most rewarding week.
I tell people- yah, being an entrepreneur is definitely risky. You don’t know if your work will really pay off, maybe at first you get a few sales, but the tremendous amount of work and energy, money you invest into it—isn’t exactly safe. You can’t say for sure that it’ll be successful, you can’t see clearly. But I believe in myself so much, that I know I’ll be okay, I’ll flourish. I walked for 2 hours today looking for supplies, it was good exercise. This week I got to spend time with my loved ones, and it was relaxing and satisfying…these are things you can do when you are self-employed (at the times of the day you want).
SAVE THE DATE!
I’ll be selling Jewelry, clothes, bags, kewpie dolls, costume sketch prints by me, shoes, etc.
Silverlake Arts Crafts Vintage Fair- December 10 Saturday!
*Location: Micheltorena St. Elementary- 1511 Micheltorena St. (off Sunset Blvd) LA 90026
*When: December 10, Saturday @ 10am-4pm
*Admission is FREE!
SHOP LOT LA – December 17 & 18
*Location: Parking Lot @ Sunset Blvd and Hyperion Intersection
*When: December 17 & 18, Saturday @ 10am-4pm
*Admission is FREE!
Do me a favor?
Like my PAGE on Facebook– http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rebekka-Lien/206081989431609
Follow me on Twitter– https://twitter.com/Rebekka_Lien
And comment below telling me what your most difficult struggle is in being an entrepreneur?