What is the difference between people who live the life they desire versus the people who don’t? How do people MAKE THINGS HAPPEN? Are they just lucky, more positive, more personable, was born happier and more positive….or is it a choice?
I believe it’s a CHOICE.
Over the years, I have studied lots of mentors and coaches. I have watched the Secret, observed peoples’ lives and I have come to 1 SINGLE conclusion.
Everything is a CHOICE.
You might have been raised by a horrible family or had a monstrous childhood, but in the end, who creates YOUR destiny? You do.
I started out my multiple businesses with pretty much nothing in my bank, I didn’t take out a loan, I simply had FAITH. I chose FAITH. I chose to believe that there was the universe watching out for me. Having nothing DROVE me to the very core of my dreams. I became an obsessive artist, because I knew that NOTHING could stop me….I had already nothing, so I could only GO UP.
How do you make things happen??
1. Be a huge OPPORTUNITY CONNECTER– I see opportunities EVERYWHERE. I basically CREATE opportunities until I feel COMPLETELY depleted. However, the world has ENDLESS opportunities.
A few weeks ago, I was part of an Artisan Fair. I compiled an EMAIL LIST which included contacts I had never met, but somehow I had their business cards. I wasn’t scared to add them….even though several folks requested that I take them off my list.
1 LADY showed up and we connected. I was pleasantly surprised to be honest, because I didn’t even know her…yet she got my email. She owned an art gallery located not too far from Pasadena. I told her that we should connect, that I wanted to collaborate with her since she had space.
Yesterday we met up and I booked a speaking event! My mind moves fast, your brain has got to think fast. Deplete the possibilities. Speaking gigs are great because it positions YOU as an EXPERT (whatever FIELD OR INDUSTRY you’re in).
2. Be a DESTINY MAKER NOT A VICTIM of YOUR DESTINY-
+ Destiny Makers
- Don’t whine, don’t complain (that much…they complain and find solutions).
- Don’t get caught up with failures, learn and improve for the next.
- Do INTENTIONALLY focus on the positive, SAY THANKS always and ARE grateful for the little and big things.
- Don’t focus on self, but find ways to help others through COLLABORATION.
- Loves to have fun.
+ Victim of Destiny
- Believes that others don’t understand them.
- Believes that they are alone.
- Believes that the universe and life is against them….
- Sulks and makes their lives miserable and others as well…
You get the point.
3. Know what you want- stick to it
Know what you want, write it down, write down WHY you want it. This will compel your life to great heights.
Never give up.
I could have given up and applied to more FULL TIME JOBS. Life could have been really dreary for me, but I decided to NEVER go back. I might still work full time hours, or even more- because I’m so obsessed with work (like blogging is an obsession if my mind is filled with inspiration). I could work 3 hours in the real estate office, show houses for an hour, drop off inventory to a store and come home still wanting to blog and maybe I’ll be finally ready to chomp down on double chocolate ice cream.
I’m starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel….it started from the ground up.